Our hanging lanterns have been certified to comply with the BS EN 60598 safety directive. If you are using them with mains powered light bulbs you MUST adhere to the following guidelines (a copy of which is enclosed with every single lantern):
1. Place the cord through the wire 'C' hook, making sure the bulb is in the middle of the lantern.
2. The bulb must be positioned so that the bulb doesn't touch the lantern.
3. See below for maximum wattages for our hanging lanterns
- 8" lanterns: max wattage 40W
- 12" - 16" lanterns: max wattage 60W
- 20" - 30" lanterns: max wattage 100W